2020 achievements from the Lightsource Foundation
Creating a positive impact for people and communities across the world
At Lightsource bp, one of our core missions is to create a positive impact for people and communities across the world. In addition to empowering local communities around our solar farms, in 2014 we set up the Lightsource Foundation, and through our partnership with World Vision we’ve been supporting the community of Koh Krolor in Cambodia ever since.
Despite unprecedented circumstances worldwide, 2020 has been the best year for the foundation on record.
- Broke our own fundraising record, and exceeded our target of raising £100,000 for the community of Koh Krolor in Cambodia, which has been used to provide…
- 6,574 children with nutritious food
- 6,000 parents with the ability to grow their own food
- 1,818 children with reading clubs and educational materials
- 140 young people with training through a youth project
- 6,648 children with protection from harm
- Installed a new PV system on the Healthcare centre, providing free, sustainable electricity, meaning the centre cut their power costs by half and were able to see and treat more patients than ever before
- Reappointed the Foundation Committee with Lightsource bp employees from all over the world, making it a truly global initiative
We’re proud of what the Foundation has achieved in 2020, and look forward to doing even more in 2021. The support we provide is invaluable to World Vision’s work in Koh Krolor and we truly are making a difference.
07 Feb, 2024
Accelerating decarbonisation with first ever battery energised
Lightsource bp has energised the first battery project of its multi-gigawatt global energy storage pipeline.
22 Dec, 2023
Lightsource bp supports renewable asset growth for Bluefield Solar and GLIL Infrastructure
Lightsource bp announces the sale of 58 operational assets to Bluefield Solar and GLIL
07 Dec, 2023
Lightsource bp and REA host energy transition roundtable at COP28
Lightsource bp and the UK’s Renewable Energy Association (REA) have hosted a high-level roundtable discussion at COP28.