Advance America’s clean energy future while advancing your career at a leading renewable energy company
Here at Lightsource bp, we’re a high caliber team united in a greater purpose – to respond to the urgent need to curtail mounting carbon emissions, a byproduct of electrifying our world. Our mission is to enact positive and significant impact on our planet’s energy landscape in order to mitigate climate change. Financial strength and like-minded support from our 50:50 JV partner bp help make it possible for us to create meaningful change.
Lightsource bp in the US is headquartered in San Francisco with development offices in Denver, Philadelphia and Austin. Interested in a career with us? Explore available positions in the link below and check back often for new openings.
Join our team, make a difference
Our core contribution to global sustainability is decarbonizing the energy landscape through responsible solar and energy storage projects we develop, own and operate. We’ve quickly become a leader in the United States solar and storage landscape.
Since early 2019, our team in the USA has raised more than $3.6 billion in project financing and we have more than 3.2 gigawatts of solar in construction or operation. That’s enough to power more than 550,000 American homes and reduce our carbon footprint by 4.1 million metric tons every year. And we’ve just started.
One of America’s top workplaces
Lightsource bp has been named one of the best places to work in the USA, based on direct feedback from team members. Here’s what our people had to say in a November 2022 employee engagement survey, issued by Energage for their Top Workplaces 2023 program.
- US team members are entitled to medical benefits, life insurance, dental benefits, vision benefits and short- and long-term disability benefits.
- Lightsource bp offers US team members immediate eligibility for a 401(k) plan, with a 3% nonelective employer contribution.
- Our team members are eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, calculated based on corporate, team and individual objectives. Team members in the US may receive an additional 50% of their annual bonus in a “retention bank” as well, available for withdrawal after three years of bonus awards have accrued.
- Lightsource bp currently observes the following 11 holidays in the US: New Years Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- US team members accrue 20 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave annually. All team members are also eligible for COVID-19 leave.
- Team members in the US enjoy a hybrid work environment.
- US team members receive a monthly personal phone bill reimbursement of up to $100 and a monthly commuter benefit of up to $150. Team members also receive one-time wellness and remote work allowances.
Life at Lightsource bp, in our own words
Our people are the reason for our success. Click through the gallery below to learn what it’s like to be part of our team, in our own words.
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion
They’re more than just words for us. At Lightsource bp, they’re the principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate inclusive leadership, and create diversity in the workplace — where our people are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work.
We’ve solidified many of our global commitments, made by our people, for our people in our diversity, equity and inclusion statement. The statement, and our wider diversity, equity and inclusion framework have been devised by a committee of Lightsource bp team members from all areas of the business – empowered and endorsed by our leadership.
Through our work with the DEIJ Certification Program from the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), we have earned Bronze Certification by taking actionable steps to advance our internal diversity practices in the United States.
Additionally, in the United States, we’re excited to support and work with organizations that share our desire to create a more sustainable, resilient and equitable world for present and future generations. We form partnerships with nonprofit organizations that our team members are passionate about, in addition to organizations in our local project communities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Lightsource bp is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
A US leadership team with a proven track record
Our leaders are passionate about driving the clean energy transition with decades of experience in the solar industry.
Oct 16, 2021
All hands on deck, Alyssa’s Story
Meet our Senior Vice President of Environmental Affairs & Government Relations
Oct 17, 2021
New possibilities, Kevin’s story
Meet our Head of Innovation & Operational Excellence
View opportunities at Lightsource bp
Visit our global careers site to learn more our our company, team, core values and job opportunities around the world.