Launching Lightsource bp's first Sustainability Report
We are very excited to present our company’s first Sustainability Report, which captures our environmental impact and progress, our ambitions, and how we take social responsibility.
Some of the report highlights include:
- Outlining our aim to deliver biodiversity net gain, including data on our existing portfolio.
- Examples of our innovative approaches to multi-use solar, including agrivoltaics.
- Sharing our Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory for Scope 1,2, and 3 emissions and our near-term targets.
- Reiterating our commitment to improving circularity, including reusing or recycling solar panels in our operating assets.
- Issuance of our human rights policy, aligned to international standards.
Nick Boyle, CEO, Lightsource bp said:
“Our first annual sustainability report is the result of more than a decade of hard work and dedication – from our first solar farms in the UK to the ~2GW of developed projects in 2021.
“We’re leading from the front, and with this comes a responsibility to support the sustainable growth of our sector. This report holds us accountable to that privilege.”
Nastassja Hagan, Vice President in Sustainability said:
“We are so proud to deliver solar energy at scale, with a goal to deliver 25GW by 2025, rapidly decarbonising the energy landscape.
“We want to continue delivering our projects in a sustainable way and this report highlights how we go beyond business as usual and make a positive impact to our environment, and our employees, business partners and communities.”
Read our 2021 Sustainability Report.
New Biodiversity Policy and Human Rights Policy
We recently launched two new global policies: our Biodiversity Policy and Human Rights Policy. Read more about our new policies.
To find out more about our commitment to social responsibility and environmental stewardship, visit our sustainability page.
Related news & insights
07 Dec, 2023
Lightsource bp and REA host energy transition roundtable at COP28
Lightsource bp and the UK’s Renewable Energy Association (REA) have hosted a high-level roundtable discussion at COP28.
06 Dec, 2023
Unlocking value: showcasing our Asset Services
Lightsource bp is delighted to announce our participation in ‘Unlocking Value’, a new ITN Business programme developed in collaboration with The Institute of Asset Management.