2020 achievements from the Lightsource Foundation
Creating a positive impact for people and communities across the world
At Lightsource bp, one of our core missions is to create a positive impact for people and communities across the world. In addition to empowering local communities around our solar farms, in 2014 we set up the Lightsource Foundation, and through our partnership with World Vision we’ve been supporting the community of Koh Krolor in Cambodia ever since.
Despite unprecedented circumstances worldwide, 2020 has been the best year for the foundation on record.
- Broke our own fundraising record, and exceeded our target of raising £100,000 for the community of Koh Krolor in Cambodia, which has been used to provide…
- 6,574 children with nutritious food
- 6,000 parents with the ability to grow their own food
- 1,818 children with reading clubs and educational materials
- 140 young people with training through a youth project
- 6,648 children with protection from harm
- Installed a new PV system on the Healthcare centre, providing free, sustainable electricity, meaning the centre cut their power costs by half and were able to see and treat more patients than ever before
- Reappointed the Foundation Committee with Lightsource bp employees from all over the world, making it a truly global initiative
We’re proud of what the Foundation has achieved in 2020, and look forward to doing even more in 2021. The support we provide is invaluable to World Vision’s work in Koh Krolor and we truly are making a difference.
21 Sep, 2023
Poland: Lightsource bp signs first solar contract with Microsoft
Microsoft and Lightsource bp have entered into a solar power purchase agreement in Poland, the first PPA for either party in the country.
08 Sep, 2023
Lightsource bp awarded prestigious Platinum Award from the Charities Trust
Lightsource bp has achieved the Platinum Payroll Giving Quality Mark Award 2023 for promoting Payroll Giving to the very highest standard.
01 Sep, 2023
Solar power leads the way on affordable electricity
A new IRENA report shows that 86% of renewable electricity cost less than fossil fuel-generated electricity, with solar power leading the way.