Lightsource bp launches 2022 Sustainability Report
We are proud to have launched our 2022 Sustainability Report. The latest report captures our sustainability strategy, aims and progress at Lightsource bp.
Report highlights include:
- Continued delivery of solar energy at scale with 3GW of projects developed in 2022.
- Positive progress on our aim to deliver biodiversity net gain, including what we’ve learned on our existing portfolio.
- An updated greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory for Scope 1,2, and 3 emissions and our near-term science-based targets.
- Reiterating our commitment to improving circularity, including reusing or recycling solar panels in our operating assets.
- Delivery from our supply chain sustainability programme including enhanced ESG due diligence.
- Measures on our investment and contribution to local communities.
Find out more
Our commitment to sustainability
In a rapidly changing global energy landscape, we must respond to the climate crisis with the urgency and attention it demands. As such, we are committed to the key areas below, which form our sustainability strategy.
The biggest way we contribute to global sustainability is through responsible solar projects. Visit Energy to discover more about how we are decarbonising the world’s energy landscape.
We are going beyond business as usual to enhance ecosystems and biodiversity, take science-based climate action, and improve circularity. Visit Environmental stewardship to learn more and view our aims and policies.
We are committed to creating an equitable business that creates a positive social impact for our people, partners, and communities. Visit Social responsibility to find out more and view our policies.
Watch: Raising sheep on solar farms
21 Sep, 2023
Poland: Lightsource bp signs first solar contract with Microsoft
Microsoft and Lightsource bp have entered into a solar power purchase agreement in Poland, the first PPA for either party in the country.
08 Sep, 2023
Lightsource bp awarded prestigious Platinum Award from the Charities Trust
Lightsource bp has achieved the Platinum Payroll Giving Quality Mark Award 2023 for promoting Payroll Giving to the very highest standard.
01 Sep, 2023
Solar power leads the way on affordable electricity
A new IRENA report shows that 86% of renewable electricity cost less than fossil fuel-generated electricity, with solar power leading the way.